Tuesday 19 September 2017

The Tuesday Ten: Top 10 hit songs I cannot stand

So The Tuesday Ten is something I am going to do on occasions where I countdown the 10 of something and today we're beginning with the top ten songs that I have to change the radio station when they come on because to me they are skin crawling nauseating songs or I just have an irrational dislike of the song.


10. "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons (2017)

This song just really really gets on my nerves right from the get go with that autotuned voice saying "Thunder" over and over again and the incredibly basic lyrics. Ugh. It missed my mid year top 10 worst songs of the year so far list but geez, it's definitely that annoying it may well end up the end of year worst list!.


9. "Hey Jude"  by The Beatles.

Okay, this is actually a bit harsh because the ballad part is absolutely beautiful but the song then goes into this "Na na na" bit that drags on and on to the point where it gets painful to listen to. Maybe I just don't get the artistry of it but for me that "na na na na" bit ruins what is an absolutely gorgeous song for John Lennon's son Julian. 


8. "Long Way to the Top" by AC/DC

Some people will see this as blasphemy, how dare I include an AC/DC song on this list. Just because it's Acca Dacca, it doesn't make this song any better in my eyes. What with the unnecessary bagpipes and shouting, it all adds up to one gigantic headache. It's a total station changer for me.


7. "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion

A sappy, awful ballad that if it wasn't for the movie "Titanic" wouldn't have even charted the way it did. I can't even forget that this song existed. Ugh.


6. "Babooshka" by Kate Bush

Shrieking at the top of your lungs does not make a good song and that shrieking "Eiii yiiii!" is enough to put me off the song. It's just so unnecessary!





5. Upside Down" by Diana Ross

I cannot explain how and why this song really does drive me to changing the station. It just does. Maybe it's in Diana's vocal delivery, I don't know but yeah this song just does plenty to make me change the radio station. The lyrics also imply that she knows her man is cheating but yet because this arsehole is such a  lovegod, she's staying with him, I know it was recorded in the late 70s/ early 80s but come on!.


4. Abracadabra by Steve Miller Band

Oh god, if there's one song I had forgotten pissed me off, it's this one. I'd forgotten how sleazy and skin crawling repulsive the chorus is. Ugh. I wouldn't mind it so much if radio stations put a ban on playing this song




3. "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift

This song happens when the singer is overloaded on bitterness and victim mentality, it's childish and stupid and casts Taylor Swift in the worst possible light. I am hoping and praying that the forthcoming album isn't as bad as I think it is going to be.




2. "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John

Oh I am going to cop it for putting Olivia on this list but "Physical" is not one of her best songs. From a chorus that makes my stomach churn to the music behind it. "Physical" really is just one of those god awful songs that I am convinced people say it's good because it's Olivia. It's not!




1. "Born To be Alive" by Patrick Hernandez

I know I shouldn't be pissed at what effectively was a one hit wonder but this song does my head in every single time it is played. People complain about repetitive choruses in modern pop music today but seriously I'd almost take "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons over this god awful mess of a song. Also, what else are we meant to be when we're born? We're certainly not born to be dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment