Thursday, 27 August 2026

ARIA Top 50 Singles Chart Review: 24th August The One Where I'm Confused.

 So this week confounded and confused me in one way and yet it seems like another very stagnant, slow week on the ARIA singles chart however where the confusing and confounding comes in is right at the very top because we have a new number one..it's "Animal" by Katseye and I am not really sure how because it's not like it's been even close to "Choosin' Texas" by Ella Langley which slipped back to number two this this week on sales or streaming unless "Animal" got some incredible traction on Youtube...just a weird one. 

Anyway "Man I Need" remained steady at number three while "Rein Me In" by Sam Fender and Olivia Dean slipped back two to number four,

"Ordinary" by Alex Warren fell back one to number five while "Boston" by Stella Lefty hit a new peak rising two to to number six.

There was also a new peak for "Loser" by Tame Impala up four to mimber seven. "Stupid Song" by Olivia Rodrigo slipped back two to number eight while "The Cure" also by Olivia Rodrigo remained at number nine.

Finally "Earrings" by Malcolm Todd stumbled three spots to number ten. Can only hope this means the song exits the top ten next week. We deserve that piece of good news, surely?

Losers

So if you are wondering where "Hate That I Made You Love Me" by Ariana Grande went, it fell six places to number eleven. "Daisies" by Justin Bieber fell seven to thirty four. 

The biggest fall of the week was "Petal" by Ariana Grande which got dumped twenty two spots to thirty two. 

Drop Outs

Three songs took their exits this week with "Sailor Song" by Gigi Perez and "Die On This Hill" by Sienna Spiro taking their exits (again).

The only other exit is "The One That Got Away" by Katy Perry which went to the On Repeat Top 50 Singles Chart

Gains

As for the gains this week, not too many major gains but we did see a twelve place gain for "Oh Yeah?" by Steve Lacy to number thirteen. "Where Is My Husband" by RAYE up seven to twenty two and "Nice to Each Other" by Olivis Dean up seven to twrnty four

Re-Entries

Two songs returned this week, I am particularly pleased to see "My Body Isn't Ready" by Sombr back at number forty eight. Also back this week though is the still incredibly annoying "The Days (Notion Remix)" by Chrystal.


New Entries

Just the one new entry this week so let's talk about...

46. "Ain't in LA" by Adela

Oh I have been waiting for this chart debut to happen, I was expecting it sooner than this though, for those who don't know, Adela is a Slovakian singer-songwriter and dancer, she rose to prominence on 2023 show Dream Academy (yes, same show that spawned the birth of Katseye) and she actually put out an EP called The Provocateur around the same time last year that got a lot of praise and attention...now that really wasn't to my taste but I got why she was so highly thought of so I was curious when "Ain't In LA" the latest single from her upcoming debut album "La Prima" due out next week, I was curious and...

I'm sorry but I am not a fan of this at all, this just sounds like it's been melting in the California sun on a freeway between the California desert and Nevada.because right from the opening this reminds me of god damn "23" by Mike Will Made It especially with the creepy ass male vocal that sounds slimy as fact while Adela pontificates that the maybe the baddest bitches aren't in L.A over one of the more lethargic beats imaginable.

Yeah, this bis is disappointing. Skip it

It's also the worst of the week. No best of the week because we only had the one new debut.

Next week...oh god...PartyNextDoor...maybe Olivia Rodrigo could notch an early debut with her new song...



No comments:

Post a Comment